Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Actor Alok Nath who was accused of rape and sexual harassment by writer-producer Vinta Nanda has been granted anticipatory bail by the Dindoshi Sessions Court, News Agency ANI reported.

Last month, Nath had filed an anticipatory bail plea before the court, a month after the Oshiwara police had booked him for rape.

Nanda, in a Facebook post dated October 8, 2018, had detailed her ordeal of being allegedly raped by Alok Nath during the 1990s TV show Tara, which she was producing and writing at the time.

In her post, Nanda called Nath an entitled drunk and wrote, “He was an alcoholic, shameless and obnoxious but he was also the television star of that decade, so not only was he forgiven for all his bad behaviour but many of the guys would egg him on to be his worst. My lead female actor was being harassed by him. He would mess with her on the sets and everyone would be silent. When she complained to us, we decided to let him go.”

Earlier in his response to the allegations, Nath said, “Neither I am denying this nor do I would agree with it. It (rape) must have happened, but someone else would have done it.”

Since both Vinta and Alok were members of Cine&TV Artistes Association (CINTAA), the association had also sent a letter to the accused seeking an explanation on the allegation.

The association had condemned the act of sexual harassment in October. Ashok Pandit, one of the members of CINTAA, had told IANS, “When the victim is complaining to us, we as the member of the federation will have to take a stand and we will do that.”

Not only Nanda but actresses Sandhya Mridul and Deepika Amin had also shared their experiences of being harassed by Alok nath.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.