On Thursday five people got injured after a gas cylinder exploded at a sweet shop in Delhi. The incident took place early in the morning at Aggarwal sweet shop in Jwala Puri Chander Nagar.
According to Delhi Fire Service official, the explosion occurred in the shop due to gas leak and short circuit.
When one of the workers entered the sweet shop and switched on the light the explosion occurred. Four adult workers and a child sustained severe burn injuries.
The workers identified as Raju (25) who sustained head injury, Ramu (30) got fifty percent burn injury, while Kamala (30) and Payal (30) also got injured and Moni 5-years-old child got thirty percent burn injuries.
All have been admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital and are undergoing treatment, said Delhi Fire Service (DFS) official.
Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire. Since there was no fire safety measures, five workers were injured including one child, said Police.