Saturday, October 31, 2020
Home Latest india news Babri Masjid demolition case: LK Advani, MM Joshi welcome verdict acquitting all...

Babri Masjid demolition case: LK Advani, MM Joshi welcome verdict acquitting all accused

Veteran BJP leaders Lal Krishna Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi have welcomed the Babri Masjid demolition case verdict in which the special CBI court acquitted both the leaders along with other 30 accused.

After the verdict by the court in Lucknow on Wednesday, Advani said he wholeheartedly welcomed the judgement. He said the judgement vindicated his and the BJP’s belief and commitment towards the Ram Janmabhoomi movement. He said he chanted Jai Shri Ram after the verdict, describing it as a moment of happiness for everyone. He said he felt blessed that this judgement has come in the footsteps of the Supreme Court’s landmark verdict in November 2019, which paved the way for his long cherished dream of seeing a grand Ram Mandir at Ayodhya, the foundation-laying ceremony of which was held on August 5, he added.

Murli Manohar Joshi said that it’s a historic decision by the court. This proves that no conspiracy was hatched for the December 6, 1992 incident in Ayodhya. Their programme and rallies were not part of any conspiracy, he said. They are happy, everyone should now be excited about the Ram Mandir’s construction, he added.

 Advani and Joshi participated in the proceedings through video conferencing. Special CBI court judge Surendra Kumar Yadav in Lucknow acquitted all 32 accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case, citing lack of evidence. The judge, in his 2,000-page judgement, said that he found that audio and video evidence produced against the accused were not strong enough to convict them. He said anti-social elements brought down the structure. The Babri Masjid demolition was not pre-planned and the accused were only trying to stop anti-social elements, he added.

Read Also: Babri Masjid demolition verdict: LK Advani, MM Joshi, Kalyan Singh, Uma Bharati, others acquitted

The CBI produced 351 witnesses and 600 documents as evidence before the court. Charges were framed against 48 people, but 16 had died during the trial. In court today, 26 of the 32 accused were present. 

Most Popular

Kashmir parties condemn stopping Farooq Abdullah from visiting Hazratbal

Farooq Abdullah had been under house arrest since the Centre abrogated the special status accorded to Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370 of the Constitution and divided the state into two Union Territories on August 5, 2019.

Bihar Elections 2020: Nitish Kumar dismisses Tejashwi Yadav 10 lakh govt jobs promise as bogus, says he’s misguiding you

Hitting out at Tejashwi’s promise of 10 lakh government jobs for people of the state, Kumar termed it as bogus talk.

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actor Samay Shah attacked, files police complaint

Television actor Samay Shah, who features as Gogi in the show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah was attacked outside his residence in...

Union Minister Prakash Javadekar demands apology from Congress after Pakistan minister’s Pulwama boast

The attack took place on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway on February 14, 2019, when a convoy of vehicles carrying security personnel was attacked by a vehicle-borne suicide bomber at Lethpora near Awantipura in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir.