England Cricket Team all-rounder Ben Stokes on Monday revealed his near death experince in his hotel room. The New Zealand born English cricketer is currently in australia to play the historical ‘Ashes’ test match series against arch-rivals Australia which is set to start from December 8.
Stokes who took a indefinite break in from cricket in July to focus on his mental health, made his comeback for the English side to play in the Ashes. Stokes is one of the most important players of the England team, leadinbg them to win their first-ever ICC ODI World Cup in 2019 and the historic Ashes in 2018.
The ace all-rounder on Monday revealed that he will not live anymore after the player accidentlly chocked on a tablet. Writing in his column for Daily Mirror, Stokes said that he feared the worst after chkoing on the tablet, however, he did not mention when this happened, but it appears to have been on the current tour of Australia, where he is all set to make his comeback in cricket after taking an indefinite break from cricket in this year july.
The player revealed that it was just a simple tablet that went down the wrong way and stuck in his windpipe, which blocked the passing of air and nearly caused him to death until he himslef flushed it out.
“Until it actually came out, I thought this might be the end. We’ve all had those moments when something gets stuck in the throat, and usually someone can help you out. But I was on my own in my room and I couldn’t breathe as it became lodged and started to dissolve. It felt like my mouth was on fire. Without going into too much detail I have never seen as much saliva as I did on Sunday morning, it was a genuinely frightening experience,” added Stokes in his column.
The Ashes will kick-start from December 8 in Brisbane. Australia retained the Ashes in 2019 after a 2-2 draw in England