The Sanyukta Kisan Morcha called for the Bharat Bandh on Monday and have announced that all the borders connecting to Delhi will remain closed. The Bharat Bandh started at 6 am today and it will conclude at 4 pm.
In view of the Bharat Bandh, the Delhi, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh police issued an advisory on the traffic diversions so that the people did not face any difficulty due to the Bharat Bandh.
UP ADG (Law and Order) Prashant Kumar said that all DIGs, IGs, ADGs have been asked to stay alert, the officers have been asked to stay in the field. He further said that no inconvenience will be caused to the general public. He also mentioned that owing to the Bharat Bandh, security has been heightened.
Bharat Bandh: What are the routes you should take today in UP and Delhi?
- According to the new traffic diversion, all the traffic going from the Loni border towards Delhi will be diverted through Delhi via Lohi Tiraha, Bhoura and Tila Mor.
- If you are coming from the Meerut side, then you need to take Partapur Meerut to Meerut-Delhi Expressway. Apart from this, the remaining traffic from Meerut will be diverted from Kadarabad Mohidinpur towards Hapur.
- If you are travelling in Ghaziabad, then you should know that the Ghaziabad to Meerut route will be diverted from Muradnagar Ganganahar to Niwari.
- Meanwhile, if you are entering the UP gate from Delhi then you need to take the route from Maharajpur, Seemapuri, Tulsi Niketan route.
- The roads through Dasna and Noida will remain shut, and the traffic that will be coming from Noida will be rerouted from Ghaziabad via NH-9.
Bharat Bandh: What are the routes you should take today in Chandigarh?
- If you are travelling from the Hallomajra light point then you need to take the route from the Kalibari light point from Tribune Chowk.
- Notably, in Chandigarh, the traffic diversion is at six points that are– 66KV light point, Khuda Lahora bridge, Dhanas bridge, tubewell turn in Sector 25, T-point near Dhanas Lake and PGIMER Chowk.