Bollywood actor Yami Gautam has turned 32 today. Gautam stepped into the world of Bollywood in 2012 with Vicky Donor, which turned out to be a huge hit. Before that she starred in various television shows including Chand Ke Paar Chalo (2008–2009) and Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam (2009–2010). Gautam has also done several TV commercials, the most popular being a series of fair & lovely advertisements.
Here are some interesting facts about the gorgeous actor you might not be aware of.
- Yami wanted to be an IAS officer. However, destiny had different plans for her and we are not complaining!
2. Did you know Gautam left law college to become an actor? Well, she got a chance to don the lawyer’s attire in her film Batti Gul Metere Chalu, nonetheless!
3. Gautam’s father Mukesh Gautam is a Punjabi film director. Her sister Surili has also worked in films.
4. You might not be aware that Gautam’s first film was not Vicky Donor. She made her debut with Kannada film Ullasa Utsaha. The actors has worked in film of various languages including Punjabi, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam and Tamil.
5. Gautam is a big music buff and fond of interior decoration and travelling.
6. Yami Gautam is a nature and animal lover. The actor has even set up her own greenhouse organic garden at her Himachal home.
7. Do you hate going to gym? Well so does Yami. She likes to work out in open spaces instead.
8. Gautam is a trained pole dancer.
9. She is a huge chai lover and carries her little tea kit whenever she goes abroad.
10. Yami is an avid reader and loves to read romantic novels.
On work front, Gautam is currently busy shooting for her next film Bhoot Police in her home state Himachal Pradesh alongside Saif Ali Khan, Jacqueline Fernandes and Arjun Kapoor.