Every year India celebrated Engineer’s Day on September 15. The day marks the birthday of Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvarya who did a major contribution in the field of engineering and education. It was 1968 when the nation had first observed this day.
This year marks the 160th birth anniversary of M Visvesvaraya. Born on September 15, 1861, the noted engineer completed his school education in the Muddenahalli village of Karnataka. He then went on to pursue a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Madras. After graduation, he changed his career path and studied civil engineering at the College of Science in Pune.
It was in 1903 when Visvesvaraya designed automatic barrier water floodgates. It had automated doors that close in the event of water overflow. The design is also called Block System and was first installed at the Khadakvasla reservoir in Pune.
On the occasion of Engineer’s Day, here are some wishes and quotes to share with friends on social media:
Engineer’s Day wishes:
- Wishing a very Happy Engineers Day to all those smart minds who are constantly exploring the opportunities to create something new, for a better life.
- Only engineers have the power to do the impossible because they have the tool of science to create something new. Happy Engineer’s Day to you!
- Science and engineers together have made this life so much simple for us and on the occasion of Engineer’s Day, I want to thank you for being such a great engineer.
- Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. Happy Engineers Day
- You are the one who can create anything with your brains and creativity because you are an Engineer. Wishing you a very Happy Engineers Day.
Engineers Day Quotes:
- “The fewer moving parts, the better.” “Exactly. No truer words were ever spoken in the context of engineering.”-Christian Cantrell
- “Science is discovering the essential truths about what exists in the Universe, engineering is about creating things that never existed.” – Elon Musk
- “Science is about knowing; engineering is about doing”. – Henry Petroski, American engineer
- “The problem in this business isn’t to keep people from stealing your ideas; it’s making them steal your ideas!”-Howard Aiken
- “The trick to having good ideas is not to sit around in glorious isolation and try to think big thoughts. The trick is to get more parts on the table.”- Steven Johnson