Streaming platform Eros Now has issued an apology and deleted their Navratri advertisement campaign on social media on Thursday. The action was made after a section of social media users called out the platform over its distasteful Navratri posts, with “BoycottErosNow” trending on Twitter. In a statement, Eros Now has said the company never wanted to hurt anyone’s sentiment as they loved and respected culture. The company said it had deleted the posts concerned and apologised for having offended people’s sentiments, Eros Now said.
Here are a few posters released by Eros Now, which were discovered and shared by prominent social media users, in a bid to slam the video platform for its actions.
In a post, it said ‘be naughty, sweet to mithai bhi hai’. The tweet was deleted after outrage by social media users. The obscene advertisements also feature prominent Bollywood actors like Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Katrina Kaif and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Actor Kangana Ranaut criticised Eros Now over their posts. Ranaut said people must preserve cinema as a community viewing theatre experience. She said all streaming platforms are nothing but pornhub.
Many social media users expressed their anger through social media over the post shared by Eros Now while calling the platform Hindu-phobic and vulgar.
A Twitter user said apology not accepted @ErosNow and the company needs to face the consequences now. Meanwhile, other Twitter users said this is not the first time Eros Now is doing some thing like this, the company has to pay for hurting the sentiments of Hindus.
Earlier this month, Titan’s jewellery brand Tanishq withdrew an advertisement after facing vicious trolling for depicting a Hindu-Muslim ceremony.