As part of a major overhaul in the online food delivery segment, Zomato which took over UberEats, is now offering free Zomato Gold subscription for three months.
UberEats app is now dysfunctional and the users are getting the free subscription on switching to Zomato.
Zomato Gold is a subscription plan for Zomato users, wherein you get 1+1 offer on food, drinks, and even on food delivery from select restaurants. Using this subscription the users can save up to Rs. 5,000 every month on food orders.
Zomato has acquired Uber Eats in India for a deal reportedly to the tune of $350 million (about Rs 2492 crores).
Uber Eats India, San Francisco based ride-haling company Uber’s food delivery business segment in India, will be having 9.99% stake in Zomato in return.
Steps to get free 3-month subscription of Zomato Gold:
- Head to the UberEats app on your Android or iOS smartphone
Once you are there, you will be given a pop-up message stating that UberEats has bene acquired by Zomato, with a link ‘Go to Zomato’ directing you to the Zomato app.
- If you don’t have Zomato, you will be taken to the Google Play Store or the App Store to download the app.
- Once downloaded, open up Zomato and a pop-up screen will be displayed, telling you about the various offers you will get.
- The offers include a free 3-month Zomato Gold and 50% discount on the next three orders.
- All you have to do is click on the ‘Get Started’ option and you are good to go.