Shivratri is a significant event commemorating the convergence of Shiva and Parvati. Masik Shivratri is celebrated every month on the Chaturdashi Tithi of the Krishna Paksha. It is very auspicious if monthly Shivratri falls on Tuesday. Midnight prayers are offered during the celebration of Shivratri. The first day of the new year, January 1, 2022, will mark the beginning of the monthly Shivratri festival.
Masik Shivratri 2022: Date
Masik Shivratri 2022: Shubh Muhurat
Starting Time: 7:17 am, January 1
Ending Time: 3:41 am, January 2
Masik Shivratri 2022: Puja Vidhi
- On the day of the monthly Shivaratri, one should wake up early in the morning and take the names of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati in the Brahma Muhurta.
- Then, clean the house and take bath with Gangajal.
- After that, offer milk, curd, panchamrit, fruits, flowers, incense, lamp, cannabis, datura, and bilvapatra to Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati.
- During worship, chant the Mahamrityunjaya mantra and the Om Namah Shivaya mantra rosary. After that, do aarti and express your wish to Lord Shiva.
- During the day, the person who is fasting may have one fruit and one glass of water. In the evening, do aarti and offer fruits. After offering prayers, break the fast the next day.
Masik Shivratri 2022: Significance
Fasting on this day eliminates negative energy. During this fast, a person must confess his mistakes. Pradosh Kaal is regarded to be the ideal time to worship Lord Shiva. According to the Shiva Purana, fasting on this day and worshipping Lord Shiva fulfills all wishes. The problems of life fade away. It is believed that Shankaracharya conquered death by chanting the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra. That is why this mantra has great importance even in today’s time. This fast is beneficial for those young men and women who are in search of their life partners.