Khamosh!!!!!! This word is synonymous with veteran Bollywood actor Shatrughan Sinha.
Shatrughan Sinha, the actor-turned-politician, is celebrating his 76th birthday today. He is one of the most well-known actors in Indian cinema, having appeared in over 100 films. Over the years, he has enthralled audiences with his acting prowess in films such as Dostana, Kalicharan, Kranti, and Naseeb.
Fondly known as Bihari Babu by his fans, Shatrughan Sinha made his Bollywood debut with Dev Anand’s Prem Pujari. He played the character of a Pakistani military officer in the film. However, his first appearance on the silver screen was in Sajan that came out in 1969.
The actor married Poonam Sinha in 1980 and the couple was blessed with three kids, Sonakshi Sinha, Luv Sinha, and Luv Sinha. He last appeared in Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor’s blockbuster hit Bodyguard.
Shatrughan Sinha was elected as a member of Lok Sabha in 2009 from Patna Sahib and Rajya Sabha in 1996. He was a Union Cabinet Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Shipping during the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government. In 2016, the actor released his biography, Anything but Khamosh.
Shatrughan Sinha’s iconic dialogues
As Shatrughan Sinha has turned 76 years old, let’s have a look at some of his iconic dialogues that have made a mark in our hearts.
- Haathi agar chinti ke upar pair rakh de toh chinti marta nahi, use masalna padhta hai-Rakht Charitra
- Aaj ke bad dubara koi aaisi harkat kin na, toh yeh haath kahne le layak toh kya, dhone ke layak bhi nahi rahega-Aan, Men at work
- Hum woh pandit hain, joh shaadi bhi karte hain, aur shraadh bhi-Betaaj Badshah
- Shyaam Aaye to keh dena ki Chenu Aaya tha- Mere Apne
- Jale to aag kehte hai, bujhe to raakh kehte hai, jis raakh se barood bane usey vishawanath kehte hai-Vishwanath