Winter has just knocked the door and there is nothing quite comforting as a bowl of warm and healthy soup, right in your bed. Hearty soups are always the best thing to start your appetizer.
In winter, these soups are not only a reason to make your body warm, but also to keep you healthy. These super easy recipes of soup will enrich your bodies with a good amount of proteins and minerals, that are really required for this cold season.
We have got some best recipes of soups, just for you, to prepare at home and warm up with your beloved ones.
1. Recipe of Tomato and Jasmine Tea soup:
Ingredients of Tomato and Jasmine Tea Soup
- 1 Kg tomato
- 2 gram jasmine tea
- 2 gram thyme
- 1 gram tabasco
- 1 gram truffle oil
- to taste salt
- Garlic bread (optional)
- to taste pepper
- Take the tomatoes, peel and remove all seeds from them.
- Boil the tomatoes in hot water and make a smooth puree in mixer.
- Strain the puree in the strainer
- After getting smooth puree, add pepper, fresh thyme, tabasco and salt according to taste.
- Put jasmine tea water in the vessel to boil.
- After preparing tomato puree and jasmine tea, mix them together.
- Heat the soup till it boils and drizzle truffle oil.
- Add garlic bread portion if desire.
2. Recipe of Mulligatawny Soup
Ingredients of Mulligatawny Soup
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 Shallots (diced)
- 10 gms ginger (minced)
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- 1 Green chilli (minced)
- Few cardamom seeds
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 30-40 gms red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5-6 Black peppercorns
- 100 gms red lentils (masoor dal) soaked for an hour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 1/2 litre vegetable stock
- 20 gms apple, grated
- 40 gms carrots, grated
- 1 medium potato grated
- to season salt and pepper
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh coriander leaves
- Heat pan with some vegetable oil, put some shallots ( a botanical variety of the onion), ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- After that, add all the spices, whole and powdered, and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add soaked lentils, apples, potatoes, carrots and saute them for 3 minutes.
- Then, add vegetable stock and tamarind pulp and simmer for some time, till it gets cooked.
- You can add season to taste.
- Mix them to form a smooth puree.
- Add coconut milk, coriander leaves and lemon juice to taste good.
- Serve hot.
3. Recipe of Betreet soup:
Ingriedients of betroot soup
1 cup Beetroot (chopped), peeled
1 cup Bottle gourd (ghiya) (chopped), peeled
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
1/2 cup Tomato, chopped
1/2 cup Potato (chopped), peeled
1/2 tsp sugar and salt according to taste
1/4 tsp Black pepper, powdered
chopped coriander leaves and cream
- Put two cups of water in a pan, then add the beetroot, bottle gourd, onion, tomato and potato.
- Bring them to a boil and then simmer till all the vegetables become soft.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer till all the vegetables are soft.
- Also, add sugar, salt and black pepper according to taste.
- Serve hot or chilled and garnish the soup with cream and coriander leaves.
4. Recipe of Hot and Sour Soup
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Soup
6 cups stock
1/4 cup cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup water or the stock
1/2 tsp soya sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tsp chilli sauce
2 tsp salt or to taste
1 tbsp finely chopped celery
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp black pepper – mix together
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- Add all the ingredients and simmer the stock till it boils.
- Keep stirring and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, cabbage and little lime juice.
- Bring to boil and serve.