World Students’ Day is observed on October 15 on the occasion of the birth anniversary of former Indian President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. World Students’s Day is the day to pay tribute to India’s Missile Man and one of the greatest scientists known, who has contributed immensely to the development and growth of the country.
To make this day special, in 2010, the United Nations declared October 15 to be World Students’ Day. APJ Abdul Kalam was born on October 15, 1931, in a village of Rameswaram in Tamil Nādu. Dr Kalam was a brilliant scientist and science administrator at the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). His contribution to the Indian military’s missile programs is noteworthy.
His full name was Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam. Dr Kalam was elected as the 11th President of India in 2002 and was referred as the ‘People’s President’. Kalam’s curiosity to learn, in spite of financial and many other difficulties, made him a great influencer.
In Dr Kalam’s own words, Students are the future and the minds that are going to take our countries forward. Fondly called as the Missile Man of India. Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was everyone’s favourite, he was immensely popular among students for his inspiring lectures and motivational writings.
To mark Dr APJ Abdul Kalam’s 90th birth anniversary, here are some of his most inspiring quotes.
1. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
2. “If you want to succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.”
3. “If you fail, never give up because FAIL means “First Attempt in Learning”.
4. “Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action.”
5. “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”
6. “Creativity is seeing the same thing but thinking differently.”
7. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”