The government of India has banned 43 more Chinese mobile apps on Tuesday under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act. This is the third such ban and takes the number of Chinese applications so far banned to 220. The prominent apps hit under this latest ban are Alibaba Workbench, AliPay Cashier, AliExpress of the Alibaba Group and WeDate and CamCard.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) said in a statement that these apps were engaging in activities which are harmful to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order.
Here is the full list of mobile applications banned by the government of India.
1. AliSuppliers Mobile App
2. Alibaba Workbench
3. AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
4. Alipay Cashier
5. Lalamove India – Delivery App
6. Drive with Lalamove India
7. Snack Video
8. CamCard – Business Card Reader
9. CamCard – BCR (Western)
10. Soul- Follow the soul to find you
11. Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
12. Date in Asia – Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
13. We Date-Dating App
14. Free dating app- Singol, start your date!
15. Adore App
16. TrulyChinese – Chinese Dating App
17. TrulyAsian – Asian Dating App
18. ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
19. DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
20. AsianDate: find Asian singles
21. FlirtWish: chat with singles
22. Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
23. Tubit: Live Streams
24. We Work China
25. First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
26. Rela – Lesbian Social Network
27. Cashier Wallet
29. MGTV- HunanTV official TV APP
30. WeTV – TV version
31. WeTV – Cdrama, Kdrama&More
32. WeTV Lite
33. Lucky Live- Live Video Streaming App
34. Taobao Live
36. Identity V
37. Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
38. BoxStar (Early Access)
39. Heroes Evolved
40. Happy Fish
41. Jellipop Match- Decorate your dream island！
42. Munchkin Match: magic home building
43. Conquista Online II
The decision to ban these apps was based on comprehensive reports received from the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre, Ministry of Home Affairs.
Earlier on June 29, 2020, the Government of India had blocked access to 59 mobile, on September 2, 2020, 118 more apps were banned under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act.
The list of apps that were blocked included popular Chinese apps like TikTok, Shareit, Helo, Shein, Likee, PUBG MOBILE LITE, WeChat Work, UC Browser among others.