43 people died in an early morning blaze that engulfed a factory building in Anaj Mandi, north Delhi on Sunday. An electrical short circuit on the 2nd floor of the 4-storey building was reportedly the cause of the fire.
The building was used as a workshop and warehouse flouting legal norms, officials said. It had no fire clearances and no fire safety equipment were installed in the premises.
The police have arrested the building owner Rehan and the manager Furkan. A case has been registered under IPC section 304 on Rehan for culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
The Delhi govt has ordered a probe and to submit the report in 7 days.