Diwali, one of the most awaited festivals is celebrated with great fervour and zeal across all the states of India. According to Hindu tradition, the festival holds significance as it celebrates the return of Lord Ram after a 14 years-old exile to his kingdom Ayodhya. It symbolizes the victory of good over evil as Lord Ram returned after defeating Lankan – king Ravana. The festival is widely associated with the worship of Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity.
From lighting Diya, decorating homes, shopping, fireworks to performing religious rituals and eating sweets, the celebrations are lavish in Diwali. People dressed in their ethnic best, meet and greet their relatives and friends. They also exchange gifts with each other.
However, around this time of the year, due to the coronavirus pandemic the celebrations and excitement have subdued. Due to impending fear of novel coronavirus, people have resorted to the idea of staying home and sending greetings to family and friends.
Here we have listed some of the best Diwali quotes, gifs and messages for your loved ones. Check out!
- May the lamps of Diwali brighten your life and Rangoli add more hues to your life. Have a Happy Diwali.
- God bless you and your families for your hard work and sacrifice for the country and people. Happy Diwali
- Happiness is in the air. It’s Diwali everywhere. Let’s show some love , care and wish everyone out there. Shubh Diwali!
- May this festival of lights brightens your life and brings happiness, joy and prosperity for you and your family. Happy Diwali.
- Wishing the goodness of this festive season dwells within you and stays throughout the year. Happy Diwali.
- A warm Diwali wish for every happiness.May the warmth and splendor, that are a part of this auspicious occasion fill your life with happiness and bright cheer, and bring to you joy and prosperity, for the whole year.